The UVDs (short for Ultra Violet Disks) are the next iteration of the digital optic disks that, in the world of NEO Scavenger, apparently took place of the older DVDs and Blu-Ray Disks as a main medium of data storage, in the industries of music and video distribution.
There are five different disk types and four different cases, to be found while scavenging the ruins of Michigan:
- Bridgett Lance Concert UVD (+ case)
- Hiya Poopy UVD (+ case)
- JT Smoov UVD (+ case)
- Famous Fedors' Photologues UVD (+case)
- scratched UVD
Usually, a disk can be found inside it's corresponding case or laying straight out on the ground. Sometimes instead of any named disk, a scratched one can be found instead.
The disks serve no function, other than a crafting material and social commentary.
Properties and recipe usesEdit
Property doesn't exist!
- The Hiya Poopy, regardless of it's rather disturbing name, seems to be a once-popular children's cartoon of some sorts, as the character is also a brand of the "Hiya Poopy" children's backpack. The name is probably a reference to the old children's television show "Howdy Doody". It could also be a reference to South Park's Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo whose catchphrase is "Howdy Ho!"
- The "Famous Fedors' Photologues" UVD's title (and the fact that it is slightly more valuable then the rest of the discs) is an obvious self-referential humor by the game's developer - Daniel Fedor.
- The naming similarities suggest that Bridgett Lance might be a reference to the, once famous, real-world pop singer Britney Spears.
- JT Smoov is possibly a reference to Justin Timberlake whose music and beats are often referred to as smooth.