|This item, location or encounter is not available in the demo version of the game|
This category of items consists of applications that add new useful abilities to the device in which they are stored, along with various data files which do not have a function other than to display the data they contain.
While different in function, all electronic content share similar item properties:
- They cannot be placed anywhere outside of storage devices such as a cellphone, smartphone, tablet, laptop or memory stick. This includes the ground grid. They are also ignored by the crafting system.
- To access digital content, the device it is in must be unlocked and powered by a battery containing sufficient electric charges. If the device is locked or unpowered, everything stored in it (other than batteries) will be blacked-out and inaccessible. The exception to this is that memory sticks are always unlocked and do not require power.
- The background color indicates the type of digital content, as well as the type of device in which it can be used. (Memory sticks can hold all types.)
- Brown — data files; usable in all devices
- Orange — laptop software
- Violet — tablet software
- Green — smartphone software