Cargo pants are a type of clothing item to be equipped on the character's legs. They can be scavenged, dropped by human enemies, or bought at the Junk Market. Several variants are covered in this article:
- Khaki cargo pants
- 'Black cargo pants': usually worn by the DMC Guards.
- Khaki cargo shorts: these are lighter than pants, but offer less protection from the cold.
- Increases comfort level, helps to prevent shivering or freezing to death.
- Has a single 3x3 grid pocket for storing items.
- Placing any items inside that pocket makes their pants' "folded" size grow from 3x3 to 3x4, to prevent placement of one pair of pants inside the pocket of another pair infinitely.
- Both pants allow -6 degrees and +3 degrees more than the normal temperatures the player can survive at nude while the shorts only give -1.5 degrees under the default survivable temperatures.