Batteries are used to store electrical charges and to power electrical devices. There are currently two non-interchangeable battery types to be found in the game as well as numerous types specific to one type of device (cellphone, laptop, etc):
- Military micro cell - small and round, used in compact, military-grade electronic equipment, such as night vision goggles. They can only be identified by players with Electrician ability, although the Junk Market sometimes sells them, already identified. Unidentified military micro cells will still power night vision goggles.
- AA battery - represented by two cylindrical sticks, commonly used in all sorts of electrical devices. Can place at most 40 charges into the water tester and 80 charges into the flashlight .
- Other - various sizes and charge capacities. Used to power cellphones , laptops , smartphones , and tablets. Each specialized battery is covered on the page with the device it powers.
Tip: Charge can be freely transferred from any kind of battery to another without special equipment or skills, allowing the player to drain charge (via right-click context menu) from batteries in the Junk Market (and those found on the ground) without taking, or paying for, the battery itself. This allows non-military batteries to carry charge into the field for use with Night Vision Goggles as long as at least one military battery is owned. A laptop battery works well for this purpose, as it takes up 4 spaces but holds as much charge as 12 military cells, and fits into a pocket for easy access.
- It seems that all batteries in NEO Scavenger are rechargeable, as it is possible for player to transfer charges from one battery to the other freely.
- In update 0.974, there was a bug where if the batteries were stacked, only the one on top would work.
Properties and recipe usesEdit
- Small, Rigid Parts:
- Noise Trap (1, R)